Book an Appointment now, click the button below to work us into your schedule!

Schedule online now

7/6/10

Beauty


When I was asked to write an article on Beauty for The Secret La Revista, I immediately looked up the word in the dictionary and reflected on a childhood lesson from my mother.
Webster’s says;
Beauty <noun>
Definition:
the qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit

Since my mother was a hairdresser in the beauty industry her definition of beauty when I was young was, "It doesn't matter how beautiful you are on the outside...what matters is how beautiful you are on the inside".  This thought has echoed in my spirit all my life and helped me to develop my character. Over time I’ve learned how to channel my mind and spirit to radiate beauty from within much like the dictionary definition describes it above.
I decided to follow in my mother's footsteps and become a hairdresser. I saw her ability to express her creativity through hairdressing and I felt a passion to do it as well. I saw how she was able to connect with her clients and bring their beauty out. Working in the industry has allowed to me to not only see but feel what she taught me on a personal and spiritual level. I realize that through working with clients, listening to their issues and transforming their tresses, I too am able to give them a sense of beauty both inside and outside.
In the end, the definition that Webster describes as beauty is seemingly more powerful than I thought when I initially looked it up. What my mom was trying to teach me was congruent to Webster’s definition of the word but exponentially more meaningful because not only is she is my mother, "the expert on beauty" but beauty truly lies within your mind and spirit.

Tip:  Become beauty that's lit within and share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment